Caring for Whatcom local History
The Chapel was built in 1915 on land donated by the Hinote family. It was stated in the original deed that the building shall “at all times be used and devoted to all purposes which will be for the up-building of the community, including educational speaking, entertainment, and advancement of the community, and for church services to be held by any denomination.”
For the next 80 years Ten Mile Chapel would be a center-point in the Laurel community. Hundreds, if not thousands,
walked through the doors to attend church services, weddings, funerals, public meetings, and other events & occasions.
Funds raised in the recent past have been used to replace the roof, preventing futher structural damage to the building.
Unfortunately, there is still much work to be done to return the chapel to its glory days.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to help SAVE TEN MILE CHAPEL!
Leave A Comment