5 More Bills of note and how they voted:
- Cap-and-trade becomes just one more tax increase – 18 cents per gallon of gas among other costs on home heating and manufacturing – on top of the others being considered this year.
- The expenditures in SB 5126 would do literally nothing to reduce CO2 emissions.
- The cap-and-trade and Senate transportation package would increase gas taxes by 28 cents per gallon in 2023.
- The experience of California and Oregon show the LCFS mandate is extremely expensive, with 93% of the cost doing nothing to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Research for the WA Department of Ecology and the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency found that the LCFS mandate would reduce particulate matter air pollution by less than one percent by 2028.
- The LCFS mandate is unlikely to help create a biofuel industry in Washington state and the legislation specifically would make building biofuel production more difficult.
- Critical Race Trainings require people to publicly profess their racial and sexual identities, and then be labeled as either “oppressors” or “oppressed.”
- These bills violate Washington’s Civil Rights Act, the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Washington State and U.S. Constitution.
- Critical Race Training undermines the friendship and trust that make a caring and tolerant society possible and would make the problem of racism worse.
- Became bi-partisan when the Senate voted to make possession a misdemeanor rather than a felony.
- It remains to be seen whether local prosecutors will take on the misdemeanors.
Removed the need for a certification of registration and granted the right to register to vote to all felons not totally confined by the department of corrections.